Poem: this wayward energy

Norbert Schwontkowski 2005






You are a beauty, you are a beast,
You write as if playing the piano-
Confident and slick, when jumping when sick
I sprout words I sing it back-
Dance with me God, let me breath-
Dance with me spirit for I need to see- clearer than a blue sky- clearer than any night
They don’t understand me, nor this nor the sun on my face nor the heat on my hands-
What do I give the earth, back for me
It will swallow me too soon.
This poem was given to me- by a strange feeling, a reeling explainable like a dream
A fairy party.
I could scream but here comes the kinetic energy
I push and pounce and sin quietly…
Give me my men, give me the bends
I could do you, eat you and fly back into the air.
Each one of us makes twice of you
They gave me this because I hit myself
They listen to me for I don’t listen to myself.

When the words come, I am their student.
I bend my back backward and hope for the best.
Oh Sun God, Oh Ra, oh the stinkbug on the ground oh Allah.
I am a source, a genius a sick child, a mad woman a star.
When I don’t recognise myself, I am become one with the tables and chairs and beds.

Oh Jesus, oh my boss, what am I in mercy of, who do I appease?
Who do I beg for forgiveness, who to I treat-
Who do I believe what will make me sink?
If I have this, then you have that and we will both be free.

Drying, I love the leaves in the sun, forming dirt for the winter,
Wringing out for the summer
Here I am
Here I am
Here I am. 

Comments