Year 25

Seline Burn (Swiss, 1995) - Tenfold (2023)


 Resolutions:

1.To study the cage I adorn, with creams and lipsticks, flowers and perfume. A cage, whatever it looks is still a cage.

I study this cage to be free of it. I want to condense into a stone, silence, a weapon or a tool. Then I want this stone to be grinded down into a fine powder, then a gust of wind will set me free. I am air, finally. I am back to my mother’s first breath and back to my grandmothers final one.

2. Understand love. This one may take me a lifetime, but I am being taught several lessons a day. . I want to know the height of it, the weight of it, the dimensions of love as if it were light, or poured water. The fundamentals. I don’t want a modern love waltz, I want to understand love unsexed, something miraculous. Modern love exhausts me.  As close to God as possible or even better, I want God himself. Maybe it will be pass me by unrecognizable, so far beyond what I know. Too often I have been stung when I thought it was a kiss.

3. The cameras, the voyeurs, the peepholes, the magnifying glass and the mirrors.  I want them all exiled. I want to live as close to the bone as possible, alive, without watching myself being watched. I want both eyes to be an artist, a writer. Not the phantom man who decides if I look fuckable or not. The blade of a knife glints with a smile

Do not imagine how you look writing or reading. Godard is not behind the lens so why are you performing? Practice invisibility amongst the parade of eyes, this is transcendence for women who write.

4. Be awake. There is a difference between being conscious and being aware.

5. The opposite of imagination is knowledge. Knowledge without understanding is imagination. Know the difference, keep the balance.

6. Yes, go into trances of rapture. You are a bundle of nerves that loves the world but simultaneously wants more. However girl, you are not Jesus. Your tears are not blessed. They are just salt water, as common and as ordinary as the sea.

8. spit out yourself. Who is it that fears?

9. learn to let go, warmly, as smooth as a ballerina’s pirouette. It will get easier.

10. you are as close to death as an eyeblink is to darkness.

Comments

  1. I love this! Beautiful. Yes!!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment