Poem: Half the blame then half it again

 

Colin Pantall


War child

            between falling stars 

                                             and fabric,

                                                           small cup of sleep

                                     ransacked

                                                                                                                 initial pain

                                                                                bitten tongue

hell was not expected

                     all I could-

 


now I know death

I can outgrow it

Slip out of this white cloth

and repeat genesis

                                   you made light, was it good?

 

 

Uncle sam said

“War is just like business

business is just like sex,

it’s a mean

to an end”


 

 

Look at me.

I will snatch the sleep out of your eye.

You will die only once, but you will live twice.




God saw that the light was good [Genisis1:4]


Comments