Poem: Joan of EIP








I’m sick of this privacy
Let it be known, let it be known
I went crazy
Back in November 2018
Glasgow winter was biting
Witches kept me warmer.
Books were my saviour
No Jesus here, Allah left me
I was primitive, I hid you in verses.
Two nurses always
Yes, I was mad,
It infected my marrow.
I couldn’t hang myself
Not in a bare room.
I went vegetarian (again, this time not for show)
While my pupils were the size of saucers.

I was in the most pain I’d ever been in
Scared I was in purgatory.
I thought I lived a good life
Surviving.
Someone bought the confectionary and the crisp aisle in my drawer
(it was my mother)
And an expensive blanket too
(my father)
I didn’t weep, Risperidone calcified my tears.

Now;
I’m off, I’m off
I’m finally free
Gold duster eyes
Cinnamon for skin
Sitting in the sun
Warming my back
Oh, life is god
Life is me.




Comments