poem: Where is the centre of this poem?






Man with Hat Made out of Stars by Sonja Barbaric


I should stop fooling around and just write!
Stars are printed onto the black and blue by an unruly God,
A God that doesn’t bleed out of a hole.

That love is a gorgeous sickness, elegant in its infection.
Beautiful in its onset
I love the fucking sight of you.

Yet I cannot bear this burden of motherhood
A baby, fat, smiling and stupid
Makes me unhappy
Rips my body into new horizons.


My shitty poetry,
Makes me feel brand new
Like a daisy in a field
Head roaring for the sun
Roots singing for water.

I have you and you
Editor in pink and blue.
60 years old, stunning and cruel.
“I’ll edit your work, so good the moon will sing a tune”

Pastor, tell me what is love

Love is the final coral reef you see after you finish drowning,

That’s love.



Comments