poem: the well tempered clavier



Otto Künzli, Ring für Zwei, 1980.




All in your head
I said
So is everything
he said
Count the seconds, each one goes by
Ticker tape
Silence was made for the hearing
Said a deaf man.
I press up against the cold white machines
Walls that brr and hiss
So, I don’t touch you
No one can.
Like nature, you are turbulent, tender
Seeking no one, appeasing everything.

You are a gym in the dark.
The first firework spark
Midnight at two
Filling out rows, teeth and filling up with stews.
 Midas, you crack the sun, the light leaks in.
Like honey, water, gin.

Let me go back, let me stay in your arms,
Your anger is all passion
Your passion all love
Love no longer attentional
Love no longer intentional

I write write write for who?
For you? A seeker, wandering dervish
I am alone in this
You see I had a baby in me
She counted in twos
Dime a dozen
But she flew
Out between my legs to the next mother that was due.
I can’t carry you, I’m sick to the back teeth
Daddy daddy I’m through.


Gold duster, I dig my face in your hair
 give you misplaced kisses too.
In god’s world I am a saint sick in love with you.


Fill me out, hollow thing
Ring around your eyes
Sinner let me sing.
I am better now, with my little pink pill.
what did you do?
To that poor boy you screwed.
Mess them up, black and blue.

Shoo, whore, shoo
Witch, beast, she devil, Lilith
retreat back to where you came through.

Comments