Prose: On the science of wellbeing














I want more. I want good grades, a love I can kiss day and night, a marriage. I want a fast car, shiny. I want money, enough to want even more. Exponential growth of wanting. I want a good job, no not a job, a career. I want to feel fulfilled. Will I be happy after all these. My personal russian dolls, each want becomes smaller, but still they are there.  Apres moi, le deluge. I am not a pin point in space and time, I HAVE MEANING. God, tell them about me. Tell them, I am good, I am kind. No no, tell them about my clean cut morals. Like jade or amber. Tell them how I live my life, asleep, no analysis. Why should I ask big questions, the universe doesn't give a shit about my lamenting. My woe. My trails and tribulations. I HAVE PURPOSE. Don’t tell all that I have been working towards is wrong, who are you? Jesus Christ girl, who are you to tell me what makes me happy?



Based on Dr. Santos's research on Positive Psychology, Yale. 

Comments