Poem: The coldest warmest hug undone by a film camera




‘’Attention To Detail’’ by Deborah Stevenson



In a puff of smoke
read
Iqra times three
The doors of perception are sealed with thumb tacks
Ticker tape my physical heart
My magical smokescreen
Incense clears the air
Sweeter than a human breath
Calmer the looks my lovers give
I only have the heart for women
Men and things debase me
Agile fingers
Clumsy the woods becoming
Tchaikovsky and the pricey fine operas
cant afford
I can only buy a pigeon
Save up for the swallow.
I stretch cat like
Hands up turned, empty
Who do you wait for?
At the train station
Mi5, international.
I have had my Special K
Lets play the association game
A sister of Mrs. O’ O'Keeffe said
Reader of the Wall street Journal.

Exponential-
Growth.
My dowry is my weight in fine Indian gold.
Switch silver in a settled Gypsy hand
My poor grandmother. She wouldn't want pity.
All night, before she gave the old soil her final breath
She received her light show
my father and finding Haleem in the Old City back alley
I am my mothers daughter.
Who took away her lust for life?

Comments