Prose: The Love Song


The Outcast, Sandro Botticelli, Lyrics by Sufjan Steven - To Be Alone With You

One single thread ties me and you. It is red. I cant speak of it no more, lest someone finds out the type of songs we sing. You know me. I know it. I have  climbed your walls and looked over to the horizon. A lustrous summer lies in its wake. My funeral barge is scented heavy with lily of the valley and one large maypole. No red roses, they are my namesake. Their scent is too heavy for me.  No heavy breathing, unless I am drowning. Unless my life is it risk. How do I forget what wasn’t said? How do I get my own fantastical light show display?
 Where are my acres that with will and joy sowed the seeds of?Where are those bulbs of kindness and patience? 
Where is my eternal garden? The bee keep is with the hive so I only get milk with a few drops of honey. That’s just enough alchemy for me. I want my garden, green and flowering.I have already been in the bloody chamber.  A single symphony I beg. I plead. Oh the luscious sounds, it swelters me, knocks me on my back. Legs in the air like a beetle. Heavy panting like an animal. What am I then?
If only I can bust through those clouds. My own godforsaken memory. Those eyes, those lips I cant forget. I never can never forget, my memory warms me like a bath.  Music is all I have now to jog me. I lie in my own filth surrounded in it, smells like writers ash. Give me that New York Jazz, give me that classic Rock. I gnaw at it. I clasp it to my chest. Give me Kate Bush, I need her. I seek her. Wandering Dervish just like my father. I have Lipschitz. My lover has tulips. 

Based on Kate Bush song lyrics.  

Comments