Poem: Lovers Lament

Anon


The world is shining. I can't smile my mona lisa smile. 
Not yet. 
Not until the sky cracks open like my head. 
Not until I see white water again.
I am an oyster with no pearl.
 Something I have always wanted to be. So I can complete my duty, like any other old fish in a sea. 
Who’s divinity do I seek. Who is most deserving of my all-encompassing lust.
I eat men like I eat sushi for lunch.
 I breathe air like I seek church. 
I kneel for no man, no woman can claw at me. 
I am you. 
I can see in twos. I breath as you do, in out in out.
 Bitter gourd of truth why does my mind beat me, hate me. 
What does it beg for, brain! Who do you seek! Speak out lest I put you away forever. 

No word can compete. No tongue can sing out. Better for no truth to speak. I put away the southern sunshine like a flaxen maiden on a heap.

I cant bear it. Love, come back to me. I lament, I pray in a sorry. Lover, love me dearly. 
No longer an English rose, just a girl with two feet.
I ran away to the sea spray, I ran away to the edge of Marseille, but they put me away before I could find me.
I thought Disney bought my sorrow and my tears were trademarked.


Oh silly girl, I sing two songs. One of distant church bells, another for a hunt. 





Comments